AirTV is an amazing streaming service available where you can watch shows and movies of your choice. It supports all local channels, and your monthly entertainment bill is also lessened. Some of the included channels are PBS, FOX, NBC, CBS, and ABC. Air TV can also be downloaded on Roku.
If you have a WiFi network at home, then you can easily stream local channels whenever you want. You will also be able to watch local news, sports, or any other medium of your liking in very nice and high quality. The local channels on Roku can be managed by connecting the OTA antenna with AirTV.
You can access digital TV channels over-the-air (OTA) using an HDTV antenna connected to your Roku TV’s live TV input if TV is equipped with an ATSC tuner.
An ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) tuner, regularly referred to as an ATSC receiver or HDTV tuner, is a type of tv tuner that approves the reception of digital television (DTV).
See Also: How To Get HBO Go On Vizio Smart TV?
To install AirTV on Roku, you need to follow the given steps:
- You need to go to the home screen of your Roku player. Once you have reached the home screen, you have to select streaming channels by going to the left side of the screen. Now choose the option of AirTV.
- Afterward, select the option of Top Free, and it will present you with a list of applications.
- Scroll down until you find AirTV. Once you find AirTV, click on that option now.
- Now, it will display an information screen to you. From here, select the add channel option.
- Now, you can open AirTV and watch any show you like.
See also: Fubo TV Reviews
Ways To Join An HDTV Antenna
Depending on where you live, you might also be able to obtain free “over-the-air” TV proclaims from nearby TV stations about the usage of an HDTV antenna. You can refer to Antenna Web for extra data on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.
To get admission to “over-the-air” broadcast television, the HDTV antenna have to be related to the Live TV enter of your Roku TV.
- Connect the coaxial cable from your HDTV antenna to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on your Roku TV.
- Follow the directions on the TV display screen to the whole setup. · Now turn on your Roku TV, go home, and select the Live TV option. If Live TV is not present, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
When an HDTV antenna is linked to your Roku TV, a characteristic referred to as Live TV Channel Guide can assist you in discovering information about “over-the-air” movies and TV indicates broadcasting in your location nowadays and in the coming weeks, along with important points for applications provided for free from over a hundred and fifty stay streaming TV channels on The Roku Channel. With Live TV Channel Guide, your TV listings are combined into a single channel grid, letting you shortly locate your preferred free, stay TV.
If you want to disguise the Live TV channel tile from the domestic screen, highlight it, press the Star celebrity button on Roku far off on your Roku TV remote, and then choose to Remove input.
Join Using A Cable TV Source
If you subscribe to cable TV, you can acquire digital and analog TV stations, such as neighborhood TV stations. It excludes using a set-top container to decode them. Contact your cable organization to look if they have “in the clear” signals working on a public TV input. If so, you’ll need to join the cable TV supply (typically positioned in the wall of your home) without delay to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the return of your Roku TV. Hence, you can install Air TV on Roku using a cable TV source.
From your cable source of Roku TV, connect the coaxial cable to the “Ant/Cable In” connector on the lower back. Turn on your Roku TV, go home, and pick Live TV. If Live TV is not present, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
Follow the directions on the TV display to complete the setup.
Below are some of the excellent points of the AirTV app:
- Air TV is a free streaming carrier with no contracts.
- You want to go via simple information to watch all the channels.
- Mount the antenna anyplace you desire to acquire the signal instantly.
- Also, you can quickly forward, rewind, resume, or pause the recorded contents.
- You can easily watch nearby programs via Sling TV integration.
- You can also file content material via a Sling TV subscription in DVR.
- AirTV is no longer a phase of the Roku channel shop anymore. Presently, it is no longer on hand for download.
If you have the AirTV app on Roku, strive to launch it. You will get a “remove” message of it. Nevertheless, the customers can nonetheless use it with the Sling TV app.
See also :
Thus, these are the ways of installing the Air TV on Roku. We hope you have found them useful.
Valentina has covered consumer electronics for a number of publications including Wired, Laptop Mag and Ars Technica, with a particular focus on wearables, PCs and other mobile tech. She studied journalism and English at Syracuse University, and has been curious about tech ever since she was a little girl. How she convinced her parents to let her have a PalmPilot at eight years old, she’ll never know.