Which is the best browser for Chromebook? Chromebooks, unlike other laptops, are fairly simple, speedy, and secure computers. Running on the latest Chrome OS, they’re capable of getting the job done relatively faster and with ease. Even though Chromebooks run on the in-built Google Chrome web browser which is arguably the best browser in every aspect, there are other potential alternatives that are continually improving, out there in the market.
Best Browser For Chromebook
Here are our top picks for the best browser for Chromebook in terms of compatibility, security, and overall productivity.
Google Chrome – Best Browser For Chromebook
Google Chrome is a completely optimized, fast, and secure web browser that comes pre-installed in your Chromebook. It has a simple user-friendly UI and an efficient “sync” mechanism to which, it owes most of its popularity.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It has a simple user-friendly design with an option to customize its overall outlook as per the user’s choice.
- It provides numerous extension options to choose from through its in-built store which can help maximize productivity.
- All your data, comprising of search history, settings, and passwords are constantly in sync with your Google account.
- Provides you with an option to pause your browsing activity for privacy reasons.
Chrome is undoubtedly one of the most popular and efficient web browsers out there, but, it consumes a lot of system memory which causes the system to lag at times.
Opera is a great alternative to Chrome and is one of the most sought out web browsers when it comes to speed and compatibility. It is equipped with a number of attractive features that come in handy while browsing.
Features of Opera Mini:
- It has a stylish interface and is equipped with built-in messenger services that increase the accessibility of data.
- It provides us with an option to block all ads with a single click thereby increasing the browsing speed significantly.
- Likewise, it provides a free in-built VPN option that enables secure and private internet surfing.
- The overall appearance of the browser can be easily customized.
Opera has attractive features which might seem complicated to users at first but it’s a great option. It is one of the best browser for chromebook.
Features of Mozilla Firefox:
- It has a simple-to-use interface that allows convenient browsing to its users.
- It provides an option to block all trackers and third-party apps which might invade the user’s privacy.
- The speed dial page of Firefox allows the user to quickly access frequently used websites.
- Extension support and syncing are also available.
Firefox can’t match the speed of Chrome but it makes up for it by providing a safe and secure browsing experience.
Brave, which recently came into the spotlight owes its popularity to the significantly fast browsing speed that it provides to its users. It is faster than almost all popular web browsers and is a great alternative to Chrome.
Features of Brave Browser:
- It provides a smooth and fast browsing experience and has an in-built ad blocker.
- It has in-built trackers and a third-party app blocking feature and is hence, secure.
- Likewise, it is with a VPN feature that enables private hassle-free browsing.
- Brave has a token rewards system where the user can earn rewards for browsing.
- It consumes less battery and system memory.
Brave Browser is still under development and is still working on more effective access to mobile devices. It is one of the best browser for chromebook.
Edge is a successor to the Window’s in-built browser, “Internet Explorer”. Packed with amazing features and a crisp interface, it is a great option. It has a sleek design and provides a hassle-free, fast browsing experience.
Features of Microsoft Edge:
- It has been re-launched and was one of the oldest web browsers.
- It is simple, fast, and easy to use.
- Furthermore, it has an in-built reader and notes-taking option which frequently comes in handy.
- It provides an option to sync with your Microsoft account.
- It has a lot of customization options to choose from and is relatively fast.
Features of Ghostery Browser:
- It provides us with an option to choose who can access our data online.
- It allows us to block third-party apps and trackers that might invade our privacy online.
- Open-source browser.
- Provides an effective ad blocker that improves browsing speed and productivity.
Ghostery is another potential option, but some of the features of this browser are only on the paid version.
So which is the best browser for Chromebook? These are some of the most efficient web browsers that will assist you in maximizing productivity with your Chromebook and will make sure that your data and privacy are secure while allowing you to freely surf through the internet.
There are plenty of options to choose from; each having its own merits and demerits, and it’s solely the user’s wish to use the one that best suits their requirements.
With the ever-growing browsing requirements, having an efficient web browser is a must. I hope this article was helpful in providing you with the necessary details regarding web browsers best suited for your Chromebook.
Working as a part of the Optimist content marketing team to help B2B SaaS companies grow their audience and customers.