You’ve probably seen the movie scene where the hero answers the phone while driving and then has an accident. However, it’s not just a scenario from a movie; such accidents often occur in real life. Turn on “Do Not Disturb” mode on Android device to avoid any accidents while driving.
Some smartphones allow users to select which apps to restrict or not block.
“Do Not Disturb While Driving” Software
You can also use mobile applications to activate the “Do Not Disturb” while driving on android. One such instance is the Android app “Driving Detective“. Use the “Driving Detective” app to activate the “Do Not Disturb” while driving on android.
The “Do Not Disturb While Driving” software is the foundation for how the Driving Detective app operates. When a device is in a moving car, the app automatically recognizes it and turns on the “Do Not Disturb” toggle button. All of the alerts will turn off when you’re driving. Once you get out of the car, the software returns the phone feature to its original state.
Driving Detective stops detecting you if you leave your car in a parking lot for more than 15 minutes or take a short stroll away from it. However, this software’s “Do Not Disturb” feature can be activated when using public transportation, which is an issue. Toggle the app off in this situation by hitting the switch in the top right corner after it has launched.
Steps To Launch Driving Detective
1. Search for the app “Driving Detective” on the Google Play Store on your Android device and download it.
2. Press the switch to the Do Not Disturb position.
You should also check the Priority Mode settings if you selected that option. You can view the default preference settings and enable or deactivate them as needed if you want to make a change.
“Do Not Disturb” Mode On Android
You may also turn it on in Android’s phone settings.
Sliding down from the top of your screen will give you access to the quick settings panel, where you can quickly turn on Do Not Disturb mode on your Android device.
You’ll see a “Do Not Disturb” icon here; tap it to make it active before getting inside your car. The actions you can take to activate this functionality are as follows:
- On your phone, swipe down the icons and check the quick setting menu.
- To activate the DND icon, tap it.
- To adjust the default DND settings, long-press the Do Not Disturb symbol to access the Do Not Disturb Settings page. When you reach the DND settings screen, you will have the following two options available:
- Schedules: You can program when the DND mode activates automatically and when it does not.
- Exceptions: In addition to the DND mode’s default option, you can allow or prevent various features, such as notifications and calls from targeted contacts, that may even operate when DND is enabled.
How To Keep The “Do Not Disturb” Mode As Quiet As Possible
It would help if you had the likely functionality that would allow you to disable all of your notifications. This model can, however, also be altered.
- Disable DND mode immediately: On your Android device, swipe down from the top of the screen to get the quick settings panel. Find the “Do Not Disturb” icon and click on it.
- Alter Settings: The Sound and Vibration are silenced mainly by the default settings. You can alter these settings and choose how much notification will act.
Selecting what to block and what not to block is possible using DND settings. Turning on Do not disturb would be best by going to device Settings > Sound & vibration.
The DND function has two separate applications, which one can use both manually and automatically. First is the manual method, which you can apply at any time. When you are at a conference or watching a movie in a theatre, you can use it for 15-20 minutes. DND is easily enabled in a few simple steps.
See Also: Best Wii Homebrew Apps Of 2023
Working as a part of the Optimist content marketing team to help B2B SaaS companies grow their audience and customers.