How to get third-party apps on your LG TV? On your LG TV, you can play games, watch movies, utilize online browsers, and install apps just like on your smartphone. On the other hand, most LG television owners have no idea how to add their favourite app to their TV. Here are a few alternatives.
Do you want to know if you can install an app on your LG Smart TV? Yes, you certainly can. You can install as many apps as you wish as long as your TV runs WebOS. One can look up the app you want to download on the LG content store. You can use third-party devices like Google Chromecast if you can’t find it in the content store.
- 1 How To Get Third-Party Apps On Your LG Smart TV?
- 2 How Can I Get Access To Third-Party Apps That Are Only Available In Certain Countries?
- 3 Conclusion
How To Get Third-Party Apps On Your LG Smart TV?
Here are some methods to get third party apps on your LG TV :
LG WebOS, an Operating System by LG
See if the app is accessible on the LG content store. To use the LG content store to install a third-party app, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on the remote.
- A ‘More Apps’ icon can be seen in the lower right corner of the screen; press it.
- Go to the LG Content Store by clicking here.
- Press the Apps icon from the available selections, and a list of apps will appear.
- Download the desired app and install it.
- To run the software after it has been successfully downloaded, press the Install button.
See Also: How To Get HBO Go On Vizio Smart TV?
Using Google Chromecast As A Second Option
You can use Google Chromecast to access and mirror material from Netflix the Google Play.
Store, YouTube, and other popular apps. To connect Chromecast to your LG smart TV, follow these steps.
- Plug the Chromecast gadget into the HDMI connector on your TV.
- Now press the power button on the TV and the input button on the remote control repeatedly until the Chromecast logo appears on the TV screen.
- If you want to link Chromecast to your PC or mobile device, go to the Google Play store and download the app.
- When you select the Get Started button after installing the app, you’ll be prompted to sign in with your preferred Google account.
- Select the New Devices symbol by pressing the Get Started icon once more.
- The Chromecast app will detect the new device. When the Seen icon comes on the screen, press it.
- To proceed, select yes when a code is delivered to your LG smart TV.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the Chromecast device’s name.
- To screencast to your television, tap on ‘continue’ after you’ve entered the name.
- It should be confirmed that both the devices are connected to the same network before using Google Chromecast.
See Also : Best MTU Settings for PS4 [Full Guide]
Making Use Of Amazon Fire Stick
Here’s how to browse the Fire Stick menu if you’re a first-time user.
- To get to the Fire Stick configuration screen, press the Play button.
- Select the preferred language of your choice
- When you select Okay, the Fire Stick will begin looking for a network connection. To connect, enter the username of your WiFi and your password.
- You can now use your Fire Stick to install apps that aren’t available in the LG content store after
- completing the registration process.
- After that, connect the power adaptor to the outlet.
- To turn on the Amazon Fire Stick, go to the input menu and choose it from the list.
- Ensure that all of your devices are linked to the internet via WiFi.
- Then, from the Fire Stick, open your favorite browser and look for the app you want to download.
- Install the program after downloading the APK file.
ScreenShare is an inbuilt feature on recent LG intelligent TVs that screencast fromany Android device or PC. SmartShare isn’t available on iOS devices, unfortunately. To set up the screen, follow these steps:
- To begin, make sure your device is on the same network as your television.
- Then, by hitting the menu button on your LG Smart television, look for the SmartShare app.
- Then to turn on the listening mode, launch the ScreenShare app on the TV and pick the listening mode button.
- And then select the Settings icon on your Android device to launch it.
- To open screen Mirroring, navigate to the icon and press it.
- Then choose one of the available media lists you’d like to watch.
- Now your phone will scan for and recognize your TV.
How Can I Get Access To Third-Party Apps That Are Only Available In Certain Countries?
Even though LG is a worldwide company, it is customary to see LG TV displays with applications that aren’t available in all regions.
- To access the Settings, press the Menu button on the television.
- Then press the All Setting icon after clicking the Setting icon.
- Then you’ll see several options; choose General to see them all.
- And then select the LG Services Country icon from the Location menu.
- Then enter the country from which you want to receive apps and click OK.
- Your LG Smart TV will restart automatically once you select a new language.
See Also : Best Torrent Downloaders for Android in 2022
So these were the ways to get third-party apps on your LG TV. Also we hope the workarounds mentioned above will help you access the desired 3rd party apps!
Jordan is the Phones Editor for WantedTech, covering all things phone-related. He’s written about phones for over five years and plans to continue for a long while to come. He loves nothing more than relaxing in his home with a book, game, or his latest personal writing project. Jordan likes finding new things to dive into, from books and games to new mechanical keyboard switches and fun keycap sets. Jordan tends to lurk on social media, but you can best reach him on Twitter.