So you got yourself a VIZIO Smart TV and are wondering how to get your favorite apps installed on the system? Here is a guide just for you, where we discuss how to get Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV.
VIZIO TVs use the company’s SmartCast™ operating system on all of their smart TVs. The OS prides itself in integrating both Google Chromecast and Apple Airplay natively in the system. VIZIO allows streaming apps like Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Netflix, and Prime Video. However, prominent apps like HBO Max, Sling TV, and Spectrum TV are not available on the native app store of the Television.
BUT in this guide, we will tell you a couple of workarounds of how to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV.
- 1 How To Get the Spectrum App on VIZIO Smart TV
- 2 Knowing More About the Spectrum TV App
- 3 Conclusion
How To Get the Spectrum App on VIZIO Smart TV
Here are some methods on how to get the Spectrum App on VIZIO Smart TV :
Method 1: Using Chromecast or Airplay directly from an Android or iPhone
Follow the steps to know how to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV.
- Download the Spectrum TV app from the respective app store on your mobile phone. (REMEMBER it is Google Play Store for Android phones and Apple App Store for iPhone.
- Open the Spectrum TV app on your phone and keep your TV turned on. Make sure your mobile device and Television are on the same WIFI connection.
- Sign in on the Spectrum TV app on your phone and tap the “Watch on TV” icon as shown below.
- Navigate the popup, which will have your TV’s name listed on it. Tap on it, and you are all set!
Method 2 : Mirroring your phone screen with Chromecast or Airplay
If you cannot access the “Watch on TV” icon from the Spectrum TV app itself, you can directly mirror your phone’s screen onto the TV.
FOR ANDROID DEVICES: Use the inbuilt Cast option on your phone (Android version 5.0 or higher):
How to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV:
- Open Settings on your phone. In some Samsung devices, the option we are looking for is under SmartVie
- Select Display, then Cast.
- Choose the TV from the list. It would be the VIZIO smart TV in our case. Usually, the name is VIZIO, followed by the model number.
FOR APPLE DEVICES: You can Airplay from an iPhone (iOS 12 or higher).
How to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV:
- Ensure the mobile device and the TV are connected to the same wifi network.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Using the control center function on your phone, you will find screen mirroring.
- There will be a mirroring option visible. Tap that and select your VIZIO TV. Usually, the device name for the TV is VIZIO, followed by the model number.
Method 3 : Using an external media box like Roku, XBOX ONE, Apple TV Box
If all else fails, it is better to use a different operating system that can natively download the Spectrum TV app. A Roku device is a good option of how to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV. It offers almost all apps that you will ever need, followed by the offerings on Apple TV and even the Xbox.
Adding apps to Roku:
- Press the Home button on the ROKU remote.
- Go to Streaming Channels.
- Find the app you wish to add and browse through the categories on the left and look for the app in the right pane.
- Select the app once you find it and select Add channel.
- You’ll get a confirmation message when the app is added. Select OK to finish.
Adding apps to Apple TV box:
- Navigate to the app store.
- Search for the spectrum tv app.
- Download the spectrum tv app from the app store and wait for it to download completely.
- Launch the app and use the spectrum tv application on your tv.
Knowing More About the Spectrum TV App
Here was how to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV. Spectrum TV Stream is an OTT internet television service owned by Charter Communications. The benefit with its movies and tv shows is only available to Charter Spectrum internet subscribers.
It has all the major US cable channels and even on-demand content. You can even access DVR content on the Spectrum TV app. However, some titles require you to own a spectrum wifi broadband in your home. Spectrum subscription is compulsory to access the content available on the app. You need to have a login and password to use the app. Supported devices for this app are:
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series X/S
- Apple iOS devices
The VIZIO SmartCast operating system on VIZIO Smart TVs does not support many apps like Spectrum TV and even Sling tv, HBO max as of writing this review. This was our take on how to get the Spectrum app on VIZIO smart TV. Hopefully, VIZIO will continue to add more apps to its intelligent tv list as it has done in the past.
Jordan is the Phones Editor for WantedTech, covering all things phone-related. He’s written about phones for over five years and plans to continue for a long while to come. He loves nothing more than relaxing in his home with a book, game, or his latest personal writing project. Jordan likes finding new things to dive into, from books and games to new mechanical keyboard switches and fun keycap sets. Jordan tends to lurk on social media, but you can best reach him on Twitter.