You are now ready to leave your discord server. But before you go, you want to know how to transfer ownership on discord to someone else.
In this article, you will learn how to share requests of a Discord server with another server member via various devices.
See Also: 8 Best Smartphones With A Headphone Jack In 2023
Why Do You Need to Transfer Ownership?
To transfer ownership of a Discord server, it’s essential to know the tools. This transfer can be performed via a Windows / Mac desktop browser, or iOS / Android app. However, just because you are a moderator or have authority over the server, you can transfer ownership to someone else. Privileges do not make you the owner.
Only the Discord server can transfer ownership. Each server is limited to a maximum of 4 owners. The “unowned” server has been around for some time but will be removed from service. If you want the server to survive, transfer ownership to another member on the server. This can be done on Windows, Mac, Chromebook, or iOS / Android devices. The principles are similar overall.
See Also: Top 10 Voice Changer Apps For Discord
Transfer Ownership Of Discord Server On Chromebook
Unfortunately, no Discord app is available for Chrome OS devices. This is not surprising as Chromebooks are primarily browser-based. But don’t worry, You can also use your browser to access Discord. Discord.com’s general login options allow you to log in to your account like any other app/service.
However, if you don’t want to log in using your credentials, you’ll see a QR code on the Discord login screen, and you can scan it with the mobile app (if you’re logged in). How to use the QR code option to log in to Discord. Go to Discord.com.
See Also: Best Browser For Chromebook | Top 6 Picks
1. Click Open Discord in your browser.
2. You’ll see a QR code.
3. Take out your smartphone/tablet and open the Discord app.
4. Go to the profile icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
5. Select “Scan QR Code” from the menu.
6. Verify that the QR code on your computer screen is inside the white rectangle on your smartphone or tablet by using the camera on your device.
7. Make sure you trust the computer in question.
Transfer Ownership Of Discord Server On Windows 10 and macOS
Given that Discord is a gaming-focused VoIP app, it was designed and developed primarily for Windows platforms (which many gamers use). However, the platform has grown past gamer-only use (for instance, many cryptocurrency-oriented startups prefer using Discord for communicating with their communities). As a result, the app is now available on Apple computers. The ownership transfer method in macOS is the same as in Windows. Here’s how to easily and quickly transfer server ownership to another server member using Discord’s Windows or Mac app. Open the Discord app and use the server list on the left to navigate to the server in question.
See Also: How To Get A Free Sound Booster For Windows 10
Right-click the server’s icon.
2. Hover over the Server Settings entry.
3. From the side menu that appears, click Members.
4. Find the server member to which you want to transfer ownership and hover over the entry.
5. Click on the three-dot icon.
6. Click the “Transfer Ownership” option
7. Confirm the transfer when prompted.
How To Transfer Ownership Of Discord Server On iOS / Android
There was a big difference between the apps used on iOS and Android devices. But lately, there is a tendency to make Android apps look like iOS apps. An excellent example of this trend is the Discord mobile/tablet app. Whether you’re using an iPad or iPhone, the steps to transfer ownership are the same everywhere.
1. Open the Discord app on your device and log in to your Discord account.
2. Select the server you want to transfer ownership to from the list on the left.
3. Swipe left to enter the channel list.
4. Tap the three-dot icon next to the server name at the top of the screen.
5. Click on the “Settings” options.
6. Scroll down to the User Management section and tap Members.
7. Tap the name of the user to whom you want to transfer ownership.
8. Tap on “Transfer Ownership.”
9. Confirm when prompted.
See Also: Best IOS Emulators On PC | Top 5 Picks
Whether you delete your Discord account or have another owner nearby, we hope it helps you successfully transfer ownership of your server to another Discord user. As you can see, transferring ownership is very easy, regardless of the device that accesses the Discord app.
See Also: How Do You Avail The Best Ethnic Emojis For Android?
Valentina has covered consumer electronics for a number of publications including Wired, Laptop Mag and Ars Technica, with a particular focus on wearables, PCs and other mobile tech. She studied journalism and English at Syracuse University, and has been curious about tech ever since she was a little girl. How she convinced her parents to let her have a PalmPilot at eight years old, she’ll never know.